Urban Sketchers is a global community of artists that practice drawing on location in cities, towns and villages they live in or travel to. The Urban Sketchers movement was started on Flickr in 2007 by a journalist Gabriel Campanario . In 2009 Campanario established Urban Sketchers as a nonprofit organization.
Urban Sketchers Manifesto.
1. We draw on Location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2.Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
Urban Sketchers Near You.
There are Urban sketching groups all over the UK. A local group, Urban Sketchers Stoke on Trent, meet (under normal circumstances ) fortnightly. Venues are posted on line. Members can drop in /attend when they choose. There is no charge for membership. Images after a meet are shared on the Urban Sketchers Facebook page.
You may find it of interest to look at the Urban Sketchers monthly zine .
Drawing Attention | Urban Sketchers
www.urbansketchers.org > drawingattention
Any members with Urban Sketches they would like to contribute, please send to Dropbox. There is now a dedicated folder there for Urban Sketching images.